Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Princesses and books and mad

These are the ways that Lila has spent her day. Since I updated everyone on me, I thought I'd update on Lila.

She has mostly been playing with her princesses and reading her books. She so badly wants to go outside and run and play and walk through the hay field. I tried to let her go out for a few minutes earlier but she started huffing and puffing so quickly. We ended up coming right in. She is such an active and outside kind of girl that it is so hard for her to be restricted.

She gets so mad at us that we won't let her do what she wants. I so wish we could.

We have no results still from her CT scan. We know she is having trouble breathing, we just don't know how exactly. That is what we hope to find out in Denver. The doctors have ruled out any cardiac involvement which is a relief, although I was certain months ago that this is all about lungs.

For today, Lila is a little subdued, a lot frustrated, and really wanting to be able to do the things she loves. Its difficult to watch. Keep praying for her as she struggles. We are so grateful for all the comments and support.

1 comment:

  1. Just letting you know you are in our prayers several times each day. I am glad to see that you have found that it is okay to have "bad" feelings as well as the thankfulness for good things.You just very simply do NOT want to be where you are nor to have Lila so sick. Of course you are grateful for many things--especially your grandaddy-- but you don't have to like what is happening to Lila. Neither do the rest of us. Sometimes our tears are good. Yes, give yourself permission to recuperate from the hospital stays You have to take care of yourself first in order to be there for Lila. Hang on knowing that God is with you at all times and with each of you. Ben, I'm not leaving you out of these comments--I think it is sometimes harder for you guys because you are so used to "fixing" things.
    My love to each of you and prayers for you and for Lila's healing. Aunt Sheri

    ReplyDelete