Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bravery


I am not nearly as brave as my daughter. As either one of them actually, but right now I am talking about Lila. I took this picture minutes after the nurse took out one of her two IV's and tried to draw blood from her arm, failed, and then drew blood from three separate fingers.

Adults know that these things hurt and are uncomfortable, but that they are temporary, and they are done to help us in some way. Lila knows none of that. She knows that it hurts, that's she's scared, that no one is helping her. But she trusts me to hold her and we get through it.

After it's over she flashes a beautiful smile. All is forgiven, although sometimes she isn't very friendly to the nurse who comes in next. I don't blame her.

I am proud of her though. Proud of her for still being sunshiney, sweet, and brave so much of the time. I am learning a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment